To obtain the micro-radiant, you need to have a valid NSX Nexus account.
- Both Java 17 (or higher) and a local Maven installation is required for the µRadiant to run correctly. The
mvnexecutable should be available on the system path. A Maven
settings.xmlfile must also be set up in one of the search locations for Maven with configuration to access the repository which distributes the µRadiant.
- To view models in the micro-radiant, Graphviz must be installed.
- Optionally, you can also install
- Download directly from Nexus
- Install with Chocolatey:
- Install Chocolatey if needed.
- Set up Chocolatey with a new source:
choco source add -n nsx-nexus -s https://nexus.normalizedsystems.org/repository/nuget-choco-public/ -u my-nexus-username -p my-nexus-password
- Install ns-initializer with or without 3rd party dependencies (Java, Maven, ...):
- With dependencies:
choco install micro-radiant
- Without dependencies:
choco install ns-scripting.install ns-initializer.install micro-radiant.install
- With dependencies:
- Download using Maven:
mvn dependency:copy "-Dartifact=net.democritus.editor:micro-radiant-windows-installer:1.15.9:exe" "-DoutputDirectory=."
To install on Ubuntu, we provide Debian packages which can be downloaded through APT. We support Ubuntu 22.04 or newer. Other Debian-based distributions may work as well, but not guaranteed.
- If you have not yet set up APT sources for NS tooling:
sudo bash -c "wget -q -O - https://foundation.stars-end.net/files/setup-nsx-apt.sh | bash <(cat) </dev/tty"
- Execute the command to install:
sudo apt install micro-radiant
- During first installation you will be asked to provide credentials to configure your system. Select Yes if you were provided with Nexus credentials by NSX.
- Reboot your system before first use of the tooling.
For other operating systems, you can download the archive version of the µRadiant and install it manually.
- First, download the latest zip directly from Nexus or using Maven:
mvn dependency:copy "-Dartifact=net.democritus.editor:micro-radiant:1.15.9:zip:full" "-DoutputDirectory=."
- Then, unpack it in a directory of your choice e.g.
- For Linux/Mac users the visualization software Graphviz needs to be manually installed in order to use all features of the µRadiant. However, the core functionality will still work without it. A full restart could be required.
- Start the application by running
start.shand navigate to http://localhost:9050 in your browser.